Spicy Grilled Prawns
Spicy Grilled PrawnsDownload Recipe
- 5 each 16/20 shrimp, tail on P&D, skewered, 5 per skewer
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (cooked, chilled)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup small onions (diced small)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. jalapeño pepper (diced small, optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 oz. Grilling Sauce
- Grilling Sauce:
- 1 cup Marzetti™ Hot Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
For the Grilling Sauce:
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
Refrigerate until use.
For the Pico de Gallo Rice
Combine the tomatoes, onions, lime juice, cilantro, vegetable oil, jalapeños (if desired) and season to taste as if making pico de gallo.
Mix the pico in with the chilled basmati rice and adjust seasoning to taste.
Heat as necessary.
Preheat the grill to medium high.
Season the grill with some vegetable oil or spray pan release and cook the shrimp on both sides until almost cooked through, about 3-4 minutes each side.
Lightly brush with the Grilling Sauce, flip and repeat until glazed, taking care not to burn the glaze.
Place atop the Pico de Gallo Rice and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges as desired.